Today is the first day someone at the masjid said something to me about not covering my hair. I know she said it to me out of kindness and trying to help me out, but I still felt awkward about it. After prayer, she asked one of the sister leaders again if there were any extra head coverings, and she responded very kindly and told me it was okay, and that we could figure it out next time. Everyone treats me with nothing but kindness and I appreciate it, but at the same time I feel misunderstood.
There were many men in front of me with long hair, braided, thick locks, as long as mine. How come they aren't expected to cover theirs? What makes their beauty any different from mine?
The Imam said from Man and Woman were many men and women created, though Arabic does not actually specify the gender; from Man and Woman were The Rest of Us created. What gets lost in translation?
Being Muslim liberates you from all of this.
There were many men in front of me with long hair, braided, thick locks, as long as mine. How come they aren't expected to cover theirs? What makes their beauty any different from mine?
The Imam said from Man and Woman were many men and women created, though Arabic does not actually specify the gender; from Man and Woman were The Rest of Us created. What gets lost in translation?
Being Muslim liberates you from all of this.